Sunday, December 30, 2012

End is in sight

I have a few minutes to spare, spam going to post a quick update. For the past month I've been very busy. On average, I spend 10 hours per day at the office, come home to have supper and spend some time with the family, and then go to the cabin for 3-4 hours to work, and then home again at 2:00 am to get to bed and start it all over again. I'd say we're about 2-3 weeks from completion.

Tonight I finished the wiring. Today is the last day I can legally do my own electrical in Wisconsin. Starting tomorrow, I have to hire a master electrician for everything. Barring any issues from the inspector, the electrical is done, other than putting on covers and installing permanent light fixtures after the painting is done.

Speaking of painting, tomorrow we will be done with the plastering and will be ready to sand and paint. I decided to hire my contractor back because I hate plastering and I'm not good at it.

Once the painting is done, trim will go up, which s being milled as we speak. Then it will be finishing the floors, finishing the decks, and cleaning up.

I'll try to post pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment