Friday, August 24, 2012

Videos and such

I remember when cell phones first came out with cameras and then video cameras.  I thought it was such a ridiculous notion.  Now I find I use them all the time to catch life's moments, for use at work, and as a quick and easy way to document some of the things we do around the homestead.  The quality of the camera and the cameraman are not great, but it's something, and sometimes it's easier to explain things in video than photo.

I have tried uploading videos directly to the blog, but find it to be slow and only practical if the clips are quite short.  So, I've created a Youtube page to upload things and invite you to subscribe.  My channel is named "Homestead2Emmaus".  Here are a few videos I recently uploaded.

Here's a link to a video on how our blackberries are doing with the new trellis system.

Here's a link to a video showing the outside of the cabin and here's one of the inside, still under construction.

Here's a link to a video about our grape arbor and here's one about our strawberries.  I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Craig,
    I am enjoying your blog. Just found it after finding your link to it on the CLM forum. I love the familiar WI scenery.
    BTW, my name is David Meyer, you might have seen me post as "newchristendom" on the forum.
    Perhaps some day I will move near you. I absolutely love that area of WI. Took my kids to the dells for a weekend this past spring and we spent a lot of time driving throught the hills. I have family up in Osseo, WI and lived there for a few years as a teen, so I am a little bit familiar with WI.
    Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to meet you David. Having lived in quite a few places--Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Michigan, and Wisconsin, I think there is something special about this area. It's a great place to homestead because the climate is good, the soil fertile, and the rural people great, especially the Amish. Hopefully our experiences, both successes and mistakes, can help teach others.

    ReplyDelete