Saturday, October 15, 2011

We're finally here

After a rather long and winding road, it seems the Lord has led us home. This weekend we begin our new life very near, if not on, our homestead. I finished my job yesterday in Iowa, and we now begin the process of moving. We're staying in a quaint little house my parents have, which should hold us over until the spring, at least.

It's a little surreal now, to be here, and trying to grasp the reality of it all. The life we've longed for in our hearts for so long, is finally in front of us. It wasn't quite the way we expected to get here, but we've put out our trust in God. It seems that things have happened in their proper time and way.

I can honestly say that, having gone through the desert, so to speak, has also changed me as a person, and us as a family. I think we honestly appreciate our life more now than we did even 6 months ago.

I'm so humbled and quietly overjoyed to be on the cusp of a life that I believe our family was truly meant to live. I know it won't be easy, and will have its challenges, but it will be our life. May all glory and honor be given to God, and may we be allowed to serve him with humble and devoted love.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment